How to Save SPD Tone Bulk to a Floppy disk
- Connect the MIDI OUT of the SPD-20 to the MIDI IN of the floppy enabled Keyboard
(Roland XP-50, XP-60, XP-80 etc...)
- Set the ID (the same as the Basic Channel’s) of the device transmitting the Exclusive Messages.
- Press [EDIT] to enter the Edit mode.Use [UP ] or [ Down] to select the BULK DUMP in the SYSTEM parameter group.
- Use PATCH/VALUE [-] or [+] to select the Patch data you wish to transmit (ALL/1–99).
- Set the receiving MIDI device (XP-50/60/80 Keyboard) so that it will be able to receive Exclusive messages.
- Press [ALL/ENTER] and data transmission will begin.
- save your all received tones on Floppy disk from SPD. You can save your Sequencer data on your keyboard
- Now you can carry it anywhere with you
How to Receive SPD Tone Bulk from a Floppy disk
- Connect the MIDI OUT of the XP Keyboard (Roland XP-50, XP-60, XP-80 etc...) to the MIDI IN of the SPD-20.
- Make sure that the MIDI channel of the transmitting keyboard matches the Basic Channel of the receiving
- Insert Floppy Disk to the XP Keyboard.
- Select the Sequencer mode and choose your tone bank's name (You saved)
- Then Play your tone file from the Floppy using the Sequencer Play button.
- When reception begins, “Lod” appears in the SPD-20’s display.
Hear is the Sample Tones Bank from Threethaal Music Band on Sri lanka